20. aug 2012 13:29

After installing Windows 8 Enterprise from MSDN subscribers download I got an error when I tried activating it.

The error was:

Code: 0x8007232B<BR>Description: DNS name does not exist.

Looking in the event log the error presented itself as:

License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code:

Activation of Windows 8 Enterprise failed

The installation used a predefined product key which (apparantly) was not useable in my setup. I was however able to activate windows after changing the product key to the one from the "My Product Keys" page running slmgr from an elevated command prompt (run as administrator):

slmgr.vbs -ipk <Windows 8 Enterprise product key>

Abonnér på mit RSS feed.   Læs også de øvrige indlæg i denne Blog.