Captator Internationalization System helps developers and translators to localize/globalize .NET based applications.
- Helps developers internationalize applications thereby making their resources ready for the actual translation.
- Supports the translation process itself.
- Makes it easy to reuse translations inside one application as well as between applications.
- Makes it easy for developers and translators to handle changes.
Captator Internationalization builds on a flexible object model that provides a consistent foundation for internationalizing .NET based applications.
The primary concepts that define the model of Captator Internationalization are
- Lingo, which is a variant of CultureInfo represents a language or a lingual variant, can be used for defining geographical, technical or domain specific variants.
- Resource, which represents the non-translated resource, is associated with meta data that enables implementation of advanced scenarios. A resource can e.g. refer to another Resource – thereby supporting the reuse of centralized translations of common resources.
- ResourceValue represents the translation of a specific Resource to a specific Lingo.
The system consists of
- An editor that makes it easy to maintain languages and resources as well as translating resources into other languages.
- A .NET component that is used by the internationalized application to retrieve translations of resources in one or more languages. A flexible API ensures that even complex, dynamic scenarios can be implemented.
- Automatic filling of user interfaces:
A single line of code is in most cases enough to internationalize a form – in cases where the automatic filling of translated resources into the user interface is not flexible enough the Internationalization API can be used instead of or together with the automatic filling for ultimate flexibility.
- API for retrieving a list of all active Lingos:
Can e.g. be used for creating user interfaces that lets users select the Lingo to use.
- Flexible API for retrieving the ResourceValues:
Used for implementing dynamic behavior or for customizing the filling of e.g. user interfaces.
- An Editor application for editing Lingos, Resources and ResourceValues.
- Multiple provider based models enables customization of the standard out-of-the-box functionality.
If you find these features interesting please contact Captator for further information on the Captator Internationalization System.